A quality-control system in constant evolution
Bertolli, Carapelli and Carbonell have been synonymous with quality in the olive oil industry for over 100 years. Quality, alongside safety, has always been an essential aspect of our company.
All of our products and production processes follow the highest and most rigorous standards of quality in terms of food safety, receiving some of the most important international certifications (ISO 9001, IFS, BRC).
Our emphasis on quality and traceability of our products originates from our high level of attention we dedicate to our production process and quality control measures that we continuously apply throughout the course in producing our olive oil.
Every year we:
- Analyze over 5.000 samples for taste and physical-chemical analysis
- Select between 1250 and 1500 batches
- Perform analyses on all incoming raw materials
- Conduct an additional round of full analyses on all our blends prior to bottling
- Control external features of each bottle produced
- Evaluate our analysis system with external certificated labs
- Receive on average around 1 inspection per month from institutions and certification bodies
Moreover, we believe that to raise the standards of the extra virgin olive oil industry, we need to establish higher quality parameters, to guarantee the freshness of our products during the entire life cycle:
|Parameters||EU limits||Deoleo limits (at bottling)|
|Acidity (%)||≤ 0,8||≤ 0,5|
|Peroxides (mEq O2/kg)||≤ 20||≤ 10|
|Ethyl esters (mg/Kg)||≤ 35||≤ 20|
|K232||≤ 2,50||≤ 2,10|
|K270||≤ 0,22||≤ 0,15|